About Shihan Pete Pukish
Shihan Pete Pukish, owner and chief instructor of Satori Martial Arts & Healing Center, has been training in the martial arts since 1977 and since 1986 has dedicated himself as a full time Instructor.
Highlights of Shihan Pukish's career:
- Shihan Pukish has has promoted over 150 Satori Black Belts and Instructors spanning a 25 year career.
- January 2007 promoted to sixth degree Black Belt in Jiu Jitsu.
- June of 2007, promoted to sixth degree Black Belt Shuri Ryu Karate.
- 2007 -
Awarded the title of "Shihan," which translates to "Teacher of Teachers."
- 2005 - Voted International Instructor of the Year by the American Budokai International.
- Voted Athlete of the Year 2005 by Atlanta Sports and Fitness Magazine
- 2003 - Inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- 2001 - Awarded the title Renshi, which means "Scholar" or "Polished Expert."
- 2001 - "Karate Instructor of the Year" by the American Budokai Society
- 2001 - Named State Representative for American Budokai Society, overseeing Karate and Jiu Jitsu in the state of Georgia.
- Recipient of Distinguished Award from Professor Ramon Lono Ancho.
- State Director over Shuri Ryu Karate Do and Shinto Yoshin Kai Jiu Jitsu in Georgia
- Chief Instructor and the Chief Technical Director for Jiu Jitsu for the American Budokai International (ABI).
- Founder of Satori Defensive Tactics and Consultants, an organization dedicated to training highly skilled law enforcement agencies such as Police Departments, SWAT Teams, Military Units and large corporations.
- Founder of Satori International, an organization dedicated to assisting martial artists and martial arts Instructors throughout the world who wish to enhance their skills and art as practitioners and Instructors.
- Regional Director for the IBSSA (International Bodyguard and Security Service Association)
Certified Satori International Instructors
All Satori International Instructors have a minimum of 15 years experience in various martial arts and are a part of an ongoing Instructors Training Program. Each Instructor participates in a weekly training session designed to increase their effectiveness on curriculum presentation, dynamic speaking, safety and skills development. Our instructors maintain a physical training regimen that places them in the top 2% of all physical fitness standards for all high performance military and SWAT agencies throughout the world.
Satori Instructors travel extensively around the world, teaching seminars in Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Kung Fu and classical martial arts. In addition, through Satori Defensive Tactics and Consultants, the staff trains many different law enforcement agencies and military personnel.